Effective Communication 4Th Edition
The fourth edition of this hugely popular textbook has been updated for the revised Level 5 Communications module [5N0690], which focuses on the four main communication skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, incorporating all communications technology.
- New to this edition:
- Discusses current issues in communications and information technology with emphasis on trends, developments and the impact of social media
- Presents all updated legislation in relation to work, including health, safety and welfare at work, and communications-related legislation
- Introduces reading techniques - such as skimming, obtaining an overview and identifying key points - as a basis for developing summary writing skills
- Includes new hints and tips for students throughout the book.
- Considers verbal skills, listening skills, and nonverbal and visual communication in one-to-one and group interaction, as well as both personal and work-related settings.
- Discusses various forms of communications technology and how they can be used in various contexts and for different required results.
- Presents key research methodologies and editorial skills, including drafting and proofreading.
- Each chapter contains activities and points of discussion to encourage participation in the classroom, and provides additional web resources for further study and exploration.
- Communications module [5N0690] at Level 5